New Life Assembly's Return to church plan
Over the last several weeks, our church, as well as the global community, have faced some unique challenges. We also recognize that God has used this season to equip our church to extend our reach to people all around the world, while showing us how to stay connected when we can’t meet in person. All of this brings a great anticipation to be back in our church’s physical location together.
Recently, Governor Stitt announced his plans to strategically and safely “re-open” Oklahoma. While looking to the governor’s office for what’s next, we have also kept an eye on what the recommendations from our Oklahoma Assemblies of God District Office would be. On Friday, April 24, Superintendent Cargill briefed pastors and leaders on some considerations that should be made during the governors “Phase One” opening of the state.
With prayerful consideration, speaking with state and local health officials and weighing the recommendations from Governor Stitt and our district leadership, below is our plan to return to church. Understand that the following plan is just that-a plan. If things change from a state or district perspective, New Life Assembly will adjust its plan accordingly. Please understand that the safety and well-being of our church family and visitors is of the utmost importance. YES...we want to be together just like “it used to be”, but that will take time. We love you and look forward to worshiping again soon.
"Recommendations" We'd Ask People To Consider Before Attending:
• If you have tested positive or have any COVID-19 symptoms, join us online, remain home for fourteen days and seek medical attention.
• If you fall in the "High Risk" category of contracting COVID-19, please evaluate when you should return to church and until then, join us online. According to the CDC, those at high risk are older adults (usually 65 and older) and those with chronic health conditions.
• If you will be coming to church, please take your temperature every Sunday morning. If it is at 100.4 or above, remain home and join us online.
All ministries and service with the exception of Sunday morning will remain online. This includes Chosen Youth Ministries, Life Groups and Wednesday Bible Study
The nursery, youth room, kids room, fellowship hall and all classrooms will be closed
• Masks will be made available for anyone desiring one
• Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout church
• Families will be asked to wait in their vehicles and not enter the building until 10:15 to leave ample time for sanitizing
• Individuals serving should still arrive at their scheduled time. If your situation requires your children coming with you prior to service, please ensure they remain in the sanctuary
• Families need to sit together- including kids, babies, youth
• No handouts will be given at the door
• No coffee will be served in church (you’re welcome to bring your own)
• Greeters/Ushers will be helping to sanitize all our touch-point areas before, during and after all service
There will be some sort of limited seating in sanctuary
• Some rows may be removed or spread further apart
• Leave two-three chairs between you and the next group of people seated
• Greeters will be at the entrance to open doors, but no shaking hands or hugging (we know this will be hard)
• Maintain some social distance on stage- no sharing/passing microphones
Assuming No Setbacks From A State Or National Level
• Maintain/Communicate health standards
• We encourage those who have been away because of the risk factors to return when you're comfortable returning
• Youth/Nursery/Kids Resume